Waiver for Open Burning
I, [Full Name], hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood, and agree to comply with the rules and regulations set forth by Sand Lake Volunteer Fire Department for open burning. I understand that failure to adhere to these rules may result in fines and penalties imposed by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR). By signing this waiver, I voluntarily assume all risks associated with open burning activities.
I acknowledge and agree to the following rules:
- I understand that a valid burn permit, issued by the Sand Lake Volunteer Fire Department officials in accordance with Michigan State guidelines, is required for all open burning activities.
- I will conduct open burning only during daylight hours, without any exceptions.
- I will strictly adhere to the materials permitted for burning, which include brush, leaves, and grass, as outlined in the state guidelines. I acknowledge that burning of sawn lumber requires prior approval from the Fire Chief or their designated representative.
- I will not engage in the burning of any demolished buildings.
- I will not burn any building materials, including but not limited to roofing, siding, insulation, plastics, etc.
- I will not burn tires or automotive components.
- I understand that burning is prohibited on days when wind speeds exceed five miles per hour.
- If I plan to burn a large grassy area or ditch banks, a plan must be submitted to the Fire Chief to be reviewed and approved before burning shall commence.
- I acknowledge that the Fire Chief has the authority to impose a ban on all open burning during extreme dry conditions.
I hereby release and discharge Franklin Township, the Sand Lake Volunteer Fire Department, their officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action arising out of or in connection with my participation in open burning activities in accordance with the aforementioned rules.
I have carefully read and fully understand the contents of this waiver. I am aware that by signing below, I am waiving certain legal rights that I or my representatives may have against Franklin Township and the Sand Lake Volunteer Fire Department.
Click here for a printable copy of the waiver Printable Waiver